Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do you treat single individuals or unmarried couples with children differently?

Do you relate differently to unmarried parents? Are you an unmarried parent? How does it make you feel? Do you feel your child/ren are deprived of something? What do you think a child with both parents involved has that your child does not? Does your child have something a child of a traditional family does not that you believe they benefit from? Do you treat the child differently/favoritism/ spoil?Do you treat single individuals or unmarried couples with children differently?
My husband was a divorced single parent before I married him so I don't think any differently of them. They are still parents, who cares what their dating status is.Do you treat single individuals or unmarried couples with children differently?
No I do not see a single parent differently. I see them as a parent who has more things to do. I think its no different than your significant other being gone for business 2 or 3 month sometimes 6 monthes and you are taking care of the kids. They just might have more to share with someone else.
My Mom hated it when people she grew up with treated her way different, even stopped talking to her when they found out she was divorced. Unless that person shares something personal with you about their divorce and wants to talk about it treat them just like anyone else. It is really nice though when the men in our church and neighborhood try to give my brother special attention and invite him to do things with them. Boys need a father figure in their life.
I relate better to unmarried parents/single moms cause I define myself as one even though I live with my finance(not the father of my daughter but considers himself as such). I have always felt that its the single with NO children that are hard to relate to cause they don't understand that you can't drop everything to hit the mall or a movie. I doubt any family is really ';normal';. My daughter knows that she has a dad who is not around and calls my finance dad. She has always had my dad or brothers in her life so she wasn't missing a male figure at all. In fact I think that me being a single parent made her more independent faster.
Contempt

No comments:

Post a Comment