Thursday, May 13, 2010

First time home buyer tax credit for couples where only one person is a first time home buyer?

I purchased our current home before me and my wife got married. I am the only owner of the home. If we were to move and both buy a new home, would we receive the tax credit because my wife is a first time home buyer?First time home buyer tax credit for couples where only one person is a first time home buyer?
Both the taxpayer and the spouse must qualify as first time home buyers. If for example the spouse really only owned a vacation home not a full time personal residence they will still qualify.First time home buyer tax credit for couples where only one person is a first time home buyer?
No...according to a synopsis of the legislation, both parties must be first-time home buyers to take advantage of the tax credit. See here for more info





http://www.federalhousingtaxcredit.com/f鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment