Thursday, May 13, 2010

What do you think about lesbian couples having children?

Do you think it's right? What about the children?





I don't know. I've recently realised that I'm probably lesbian, not bisexual, and I'd just like to know what your opinions on it are.What do you think about lesbian couples having children?
People get so caught up with labels. It doesn't matter if someone is a lesbian or straight or whatever. If you are willing and able to give a child a loving, caring environment in which to grow up then you're fine.





I know many straight people who are... questionable as parents. Friends of mine grew up with abusive parents who were straight. Its like anything else with parenting, you do the best you can, teach the children to be good people and make sure they're safe.





Being lesbian, straight, bisexual, none of that tells me what someone's values are. I'd be concerned if someone were a chronic drug user or had a history of violence or something but saying your orientation has some impact on what kind of parent you are just riles me (and I don't mean to seem like I'm railing against you personally or anything, just kind of a hot button issue with me since I'm bisexual and raising my neice and nephew).





If you hit the child, if you don't teach them to be honest, if you don't give them self-respect and dignity, if you yell at them constantly, if you sleep around with everybody and anybody, then you're a bad parent. Straight people who do that are bad parents. Lesbians who do that are bad parents.





Its people, not orientations.What do you think about lesbian couples having children?
as long as they can nurture the kid and give a good life ahead, it's definitely right.





the children when raised with so much love and all the truths about the parents would not have any problem of the parents being lesbian or gay couple.





I have my little girl with me and I don't find any reason of her hating me later when I give all that I can to her and raised her with all my love.
i see nothing wrong with it. a child who grows up in a home with either 2 mommys or 2 daddys is most likly going to grow up to become a person who doesnt jusge people based on their orientation. and if the lesbian couple feels like they want to have children, they should be able to. the children will see nothign wrong with it. they grew up with it. they wont know any better. and as for the other children, they will be the ones who are worse off. some of them may not be accepting, and thats their problem. thats how they were raised. if they had gay parents, then they would learn that there is nothing wrong with gay people, and that homophobia is horrible.
There's no evidence that same sex couples have any adverse affect on the children. PLENTY of kids are raised in 'broken' homes and by single moms and do just fine. While I do believe a mom/dad in same home situation is best there are plenty of alternative situations that are just as good.





Just make sure you're committed before you have the baby.





I've thought about this too and for me I'd want to be the biological father and how would I answer questions like ';where's my mommy';. It'd be weird at first but I'd manage I think..
Is there a difference between a lesbain couple and a gay couple having children?


There is nothing wrong with anyone wanting kids no matter their sexual orientation so long as they are able to care and love that child(ren) with the best they can give.
i dont think that i should matter i believe as a lesbian woman that i can raise a child to have good values and be a productive citizen of society despite my sexual preference.
I think we're great and my children are wonderful!











L
I think everyone raises kids in their own way and your sexual orientation doesn't matter. Everyone should be allowed to have kids.








Courtney
there Business
It's as right as any other people with love in their hearts having children. There is nothing wrong or weird about it.
yeah im that way to but not a girl and um i think its right just dont get to comfortable around them as in with your lover/partner but yea itll work out fine dont worry
Good thing there are people out there who want to be parents because I sure do not want any children.
I think gay and lesbian couples can screw up their kids as efficently as str8 people
As long as they both are able to care for those children like responsible adults, then sure, why not?
~It's all good to me!!!~
if they want to that's fine...


I personally do not want any, and neither does my gf.

No comments:

Post a Comment