Thursday, May 13, 2010

Married couples: How long do you plan to wait before trying for a baby?

Do you agree on the time? Reasons for waiting or reasons for wanting to have a baby quickly?Married couples: How long do you plan to wait before trying for a baby?
My wife and I waited for 3 years. I felt that was very important and would recommend waiting at least that long to anyone. Unless you've had a REALLY long engagement, you don't know each other that well yet. Spend the first few years of your marriage having fun and getting to know each other on the most intimate of levels. Having a baby changes everything. (for the better in my experience) But, if you don't have a strong bond with your spouse first, things can get tricky. For many years the focus isn't on each other anymore, it's on the little one. SO, make sure your bond is strong and ready for kids. Good luck! :)Married couples: How long do you plan to wait before trying for a baby?
We were originally going to wait 3 years but we just celebrated our 2nd anniversary and have decided to go ahead and start TTC. I'm glad because I didn't want to wait another year!


I think it's important that couples have some time together by themselves before having kids. Kids change everything, and they'll be around for awhile, so it's good to just be a couple for awhile.
My husband and I started trying after a year an a half. I have always wanted kids, I love kids, and wanted to start right away. He wanted to be an uncle before he was a dad. His brother and sister in law had a baby last February, and we started trying that summer. After a few months we had to go to an IVF clinic. A year later, we are finally pregnant. (YAY!)





Here's the thing...so many people (girls especially) plan out their lives: ';I will go to college, find a great guy, find a great job, get married, get settled into my career, travel a bit, then settle down to start a family.'; One glance around the TTC section will tell you that unfortunately it doesn't happen like that. You can 'check, check, check' things off your list as much as you want. Once you get to the baby, it's a whole different story. Many people are trying for a year before they are successful. And the longer it takes, the more frustrating it becomes.
We have been married 4 years when we got married we decided to wait 1 year before trying just so we would have some time to our selves i was 18 and my husband 20 so we were in no hurry but 1 month after we got married we found out we were prego we were so excited and 15 weeks in to my pregnancy we had a miscarriage so after that we wanted nothing more than to have a baby it took us 6 months but i got pregnant with our first son now 2 1/2 and we just had our second son 4 months ago babies are wonderful we are young and everyone our age is out doing there own thing but we love our life and our kids....so it completely depends on you everyone has there story
We wanted to wait until I was at least out of college, but regardless of when I finished we wanted to wait at least 4-5 years. That way, we had a better idea as to if we worked as a married couple. Some people are amazing as bf/gf, but once they're married all hell breaks loose.





Now, 4 years 4 months later... I am 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant :-) I finish schooling in December, and may or may not walk across the stage for graduation in May, it depends on when the little one wants to come out.
I believe (as does my religion promote) that you shouldn't put off having children until you are more financially stable (i.e. getting an expensive car, finishing college, buying a house, going to europe) but I think you should be financially stable enough to support a child.





My husband and I started trying within a few months after we were married (second marriage for me so I was anxious). We are both college students but he makes really good money at his job. We feel so blessed to have the life we do and couldn't imagine not sharing that with another human being.





But I totally respect people who want to wait a while for kids... it's really a personal choice!
my hubby and i got married and had a year together its been really nice to just do what ever when ever without worrying about a kid that needs attention or taking care of... but now im really broody and came off the 2 month injected contraception... still ttc so yeah i regret taking the contrceptives cos it messed me up but i dont regret waiting..
We want to try as soon as were married unless we might already be pregnant. We are practically married without the government saying so. We have been living together as common law for the past 2 years and are ready for a baby. We plan to wed next summer.
I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 4 YEARS AND I STILL DON'T HAVE A BABY, WE ARE ABOUT TO BUY OUR HOUSE, ONCE WE HAVE A ROOM TO OUR CHILD, WE'LL REQUEST A NEW BORN FROM HEAVEN.
Just don't wait until you are to old to have them.
well, I would try for a baby before I'm 35...
u can start when u think u r ready to start a familiy

No comments:

Post a Comment