Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How do the children of gay couples address their parents?

I'm a gay man but still don't have the answer! Dad and Papa? Dad and Dad? First names?





I just imagine a (future) son in another room calling ';Daaaaaad'; and not knowing which of us he's talking to!How do the children of gay couples address their parents?
ive thought bout this a few times and basicly the child will decide what he wants to call you. to start with though in the baby stages of life dada and papa are what i would teach them to use and as they grew up it would then be dad j and dad?. then when they are old enough let them them choose what is easyest and best for them.How do the children of gay couples address their parents?
Mom/Mama/Ma/Mommy/Mother/Moomoo/you get the point, Dad/Father/Dada/Daddy/etc. Personally, I've always been a fan of just using names. I've never really liked being called (now) or calling someone (as a child) those kinda of names.





It's not set in stone that children must call their parents by ';Mom'; and ';Dad';.
I'm glad you asked this, because I'm a lesbian having a child, and was worried what my child would call me and my partner (at some point in the future, I'm single at the moment!)... I guess I'll always be 'Mummy' and my partner would be called by her name.. I guess it's different for guys.


I like Momma B and Momma T from the L Word, always made me smile :)
There are many possibility's...


Like Dad _____ %26amp; Dad ______ (use your names)


Or Dad %26amp; Daddy or Papa


Or you can just use your real names


Or make up... there are many ways to avoid the confusing part of things.
Well think about this... we say cousin ... that could mean your male cousin or your female cousin.. VERY CONFUSING ISN'T IT...





but we prefer to call them by their names...








they either just say dad for both of them... or they call them by their names
Yes, they could use different terms like Dad and Papa, Ma and Mum, etc. Or parent title + first name, like ';Daddy John and Daddy Bob';.
well, i call my parents by their first names,


maybe thats a possibility?


whatever you wish :-)
Not sure but in The L Word. They have Momma B and Momma T. That could work lol.
Whatever the couple and child prefers.
well when me and my gf have came up with a solution the kids will call me momma kay and her momma jo
what ever he feels comfturble saying
i think knowing what to call them is at the bottom of the list of that childs problems


ha ha i got a thumbs down i bet that thumb has also been in the butt of a man haha wow 13 thumbs down yes lets all promote gays having children not caring about the effect it has on them theres a reason two men or women cant produce a child

No comments:

Post a Comment