Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Why are so many married couples against having a girl baby?

I always hear people say that they want their first child to be a boy. Why? What is it so wrong with girls that people don't want them? I just don't get that. My cousin and her husband has 5 kids now 3 girls and twin boys. They said they don't about gender but why do so many others do care?Why are so many married couples against having a girl baby?
omg!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much!!! i was wondering the exact same thing. some guys act like they would be disappointed if they had a girl. it seems that most men would forget all about that tho as soon as they see their baby for the first time.Why are so many married couples against having a girl baby?
I don't know, im the opposite, i would love my first to be a girl, suppose its a case of seeing her as daddies little girl. Mothers generally think sons do no wrong lol and fathers feel the same with daughters lol. But i think many folks fear things such as early pregnancy. After all in the Western world teen age pregnancy is high, and its the girl that has to live with the situation, lads do not have to carry such a burden. So i think this plays a massive role in there chain of thought.
I'm not really sure how prevalent this is, recently they did a survey in the UK on the preferred gender of a couple's first child and the results came out more or less 50/50. There is however a bias in selecting males over females in places like China due to the idea that the male will continue the family name but the only thing that's achieved is creating 10 million+ males that will be inevitably single.
I would actually rather have a girl, but then again, I'm female, too. Perhaps it's the ';overprotective older brother'; stereotype that parents today like (though I like it, too!)





In China, couples are only allowed to have one child from what I recall so in reference to one of the previous answers, the male is the one which carries on the family name.
I don't understand it either, all that should matter is you have a healthy baby that you are about to mould and shape for their time here on Earth. Some people do NOT deserve children.





Edit: @Kris W Children are not born narssistic, violent ect..... They are shaped into that. How their parents raise them is what they become. Little girls and little boys are equally easy to raise if they have good parents. I hate to think about what kind of parental unit you had growing up.
I wanted our first to be a boy simply because I grew up with an older brother and it was great, and I thought it would be cool for our kids to have the same thing. Silly, I know! I would have been just as happy to have a girl. We had a boy first anyways, and then a girl 18 months later. I love her just as much as i love my son. They're amazing kids!





My husband wanted a boy because he grew up with 3 brothers and no sisters, so he had no experience with little girls, and also because the thought of raising a daughter in our sex-crazed culture scared the pants off him. LOL but now that we have our daughter she's his little princess and he wouldn't trade her for a dozen sons.





I will take whatever baby God gives us, boy or girl makes no difference. The one we just lost was a girl. I'd love to have her back.
I really really wanted a girl and I got one. I want to be like my mum annd me and do all the same things together. I have wanted a girl since I can first remember I think I must have been aged 3. I wouldnt mind a boy or girl next. I would like a boy so we could have oner each but I am glad I got my girl first.





My husband wanted a girl and he wanted her to be daddies girl like most men want. In my experience most girls growing up really want a girl too. My aunty and uncle had 6 kids until they got their girl. They have 5 boys and 1 girl who was born last.
I won't lie to you, I wanted to name my son after my uncle who was a first born, and plus my siblings have not had any sons in the last 15 years.





That's really the only reasons, but trust me if I have 10, so be it. I won't cry over spilled milk if all of my birth children are girls, because I plan to adopt too. (I'll adopt a girl still if I have all girls). I plan to name the oldest Karine after me, then Integrity, Paix, and any more that comes.
Most people think which would be easier to raise. And for the most part boys are easier to raise. Attribute it to laziness or perhaps a cultural shift where females are more difficult, violent and narcissistic making it an unpleasant experience raising them.





But either way it is an alarming trend that people are taking notice too, if at the very least on a subconscious level.
fyi women are not valued in this society.


although women can deny it because its hard for them to accept, women are still considered SECOND CLASS CITIZENS.





this is why black MEN got the right to vote before all women in america.


this is why hillary clinton was disintegrated by the media and society. becuase society HATES women. theyd rather have a MAN with no experience to run the nation then a intelligent strong woman with experience to run it.
Because with girls you have to worry about PMS, you have to worry more about rape and you have to protect the girl from he guys and the mean girls. It is more of a long term worry.
I am long past the age of wanting to father children. But unless you are in China or India, I am not aware of anyone professing to prefer male births over female births.
Actually I want my first to be a girl.


From what i heard boys are generally easier to raise than girl to an extent
My first child is a girl and so is my second. I didn't have any boys. It didn't bother me then and it still doesn't.
Maybe they want someone to carry on their family name.
Well I'm a girl and If I was going to have a baby, I'd rather raise a boy as they arent as bratty and needy.

No comments:

Post a Comment