Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What is the eligibility for couples when one is not a citizen?

Hi, I'm an Australian citizen living overseas studying and my girlfriend and I are wanting to move to Australia next year to continue our studies. She is a studying doctor and Im a pilot - My question is is she eligible for HEX if we are a couple? And If not, what is the time frame? Does she have to be a citizen like me? Any Aussie's know the answer to this question? Thanks =)What is the eligibility for couples when one is not a citizen?
Even if you are a couple she is not able to get HECS - she has to be a citizen for that.





International students (which is what she will be classed as) pay 2-3 times the local rate for medicine





Perm Residents pay the local rate but they must pay up front (no deferment) - if you were married and she was eligible for a spouse visa.





Aus citizens qualify for HECS.
  • sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment