Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where can I find information on gay couples looking to adopt in Indiana?

I'm 23 and pregnant and thinking about adoption, and when I think of my options I'd prefer to adopt to a gay couple with or without other adopted children. I'd prefer the adoptive parents live close to me (I'm in Indiana). I can't find any information on gay hoosiers wanting to adopt. Where should I look?Where can I find information on gay couples looking to adopt in Indiana?
Try asking the adoption agency about open adoptions... that will allow you to request the type of couple you are wanting to adopt to, and you can interview and choose who you think would be good parents for your child. The agency will try to locate someone who fits your requests. I went through this with a friend once, and she was very confident that she had chosen parents that would love her baby as she would. (She was a teenager in high school, and chose adoption) Hope this helps, good luck. :)Where can I find information on gay couples looking to adopt in Indiana?
Another good place to look is law firms that special in adoption by same-sex couples. They may have clients looking to adopt, or be able to help you find organizations that accept same-sex couples.





On a side note, it's really cool that you are reaching out to same-sex couples like that. Makes me happy, as i want to have a family someday!
I first want to thank you for writing this post because it gives a lesbian like me hope that someone will choose us for their child! My partner, who was adopted, and I are just starting down the path to prepare for adoption! I've been searching for information on where gay couples can sign up to be considered by birth mothers... Today we went to a fun festival here in Memphis with all kinds of arts %26amp; crafts, music and food.. It's called the Cooper Young Festival... anyway I picked up a Gay Parent Magazine... they have a website www.gayparentmag.com and a myspace.com/gayparent.





I checked out the site and they have links to gay families wanting to adopt and links for birthmothers who are considering adoption! Hopefully this is a good place for you to start!...





By the way we are two females living in Tennessee but if we lived in Indiana I would be jumping through hoops for you to select us for your child! Unless you would be interested in a loving, stable, couple in Tennessee?
You can definately look into your local adoption agency. A good adoption agency will not judge you on your prefrence in who you want to adopt. try this website http://www.adoptionhelp.org/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment