Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do you meet new married and pregnant couples when you first move?

I have tried introducing myself to neighborhood people, we are enrolled in childbirth classes, but not local enough to see couples we meet later, and there are no MOM Clubs for me join.How do you meet new married and pregnant couples when you first move?
I had the same problem too! I ended up joining a MOM's Club. You could start your own - that is what the moms did in my town, so it is relatively new. My other suggestion is a website called Meet-up as a way to meet other pregnant moms - you can post a calling for meeting other moms in your area and see who responds. Parks are another great way to meet moms as well. Any support you can get during this time is very helpful - I wished I had joined a club sooner.How do you meet new married and pregnant couples when you first move?
Library.
Go to a Lamaze class
I would suggest hosting a get together. Summer is the perfect time. I would try to invite people over for a BBQ, or backyard party. Then, maybe host a pregnant-woman get together with the women from the childbirth class. You can have all kinds of ';favorite craving'; food and watch movies, or talk about your pregnancy and related issues. Good luck !
Invite them over for BBQ's, go to church, work out in your yard so you see them when they walk by. It's hard to be outgoing in a new community, good luck.
Is there a local pediatrician? Also, churches have records of these things and could tell you.
Playgrounds, or parks are a great place to go...Also if you are religious Sunday School classes or just church in general is a good place to go. Also look for Churches that do ';Mommys day out';. Good Luck and Congrats on the marriage and the up and coming baby!!
Go to church there are a lot of new couples and parents that can help and guide you.
umm...

No comments:

Post a Comment