Friday, January 15, 2010

Why do couples sit on the same side of a restaurant booth?

I don't understand this. There are two sides to the table and couples choose to sit right next to each other. Why?Why do couples sit on the same side of a restaurant booth?
I think some couples just like being close. My husband and I have always sat across the table from each other. I like looking into someone's eyes when I talk to them, and besides we can hold hands.Why do couples sit on the same side of a restaurant booth?
Its because Mexican guys want to see who their girl is looking at and to watch who looks at their girl.

Report Abuse



Whatever the relationship, it's best to sit facing each other! That way, you have more room, can share pieces from each other's plates better, hand the salt over better, look at %26amp; talk to each other. It's the way to go.
My husband always sets it up this way and sits me in the corner...I know his reason but its soooo annoying..I would rather sit across from someone if its only two people so I can look at them in the face when talking.
I have no idea, but, it bugs me too!
One to be close to each other if they are in love, or in deep


'like' and the other is so that they can speak more softly for


their privacy and still hear one another. But only thinly built


people can do that, of course. Heftier ones have to eat


across from the other, to have the space to eat without


jabbing with your elbows LOL.
So they can touch each other under the table.
It is one of two things; either one or both of them are insecure about losing the other to someone else hence the closeness and the public show of ';he/she is mine so back off'; OR as i have witnessed they just enjoy one another that much; nothing is as beautiful as a couple of 30 plus years together showing that young flirty togetherness like cuddling over dinner :)
Sometimes it can be a hearing thing. If a restaraunt was too loud, they might sit next to each other so they can easily converse.
My boyfriend and I always sit across from each other. I have read that if a guy does this it's because he wants to look at you. I prefer this anyway, who would want to sit side by side and not be able to see each other when speaking? This is the proper way to sit. If you were side by side you'd always have to turn your head to look and speak to the other person. It's not as easy to eat this way and hurts your neck also.
Different people do it for different reasons. Some might do it because they have a difficult time hearing each other in a busy restaurant. Others may enjoy watching the world go by as they eat their meal.
When you are young and going out, some people say that you are joined at the hips. So when you go out to eat you set on the same side of the booth.





Then life change you get married at that time you still set on the same side. Then comes your little bundle of joy. You set the child in a high chair at the end of the booth and you set across from each other to take care of the child.





Then you realize that you have more room to your self if I set across the table..





It all comes down to you set next to the person when the relationship is new and you are scared of losing it. You can play touchy feelly and feed each other.





You will set across from each other when the relationship is more secure and you play footsie with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment