Friday, January 15, 2010

How do you feel about promise rings exchanged between couples?

Have you ever been given one? Do you think high school students should exchange them? How long do you think a couple should be dating before they give one?





Just curious :)How do you feel about promise rings exchanged between couples?
I think promise rings are a great symbol of love for couples who aren't old enough or not ready for marriage, not that love needs a ring to be shown. My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over a year and I got him a band with our names and the date of our anniversary engraved on the outside. I haven't gotten mine yet because it was a special order, we've been waiting over a month for it! Not too many couples exchange promise rings anymore, but I like the idea. Hmm.. For how long they should be dating, I guess it really depends on the couple. Because it is a promise of commitment, it should be given when the couple feels they are ready for it and serious about each other. Whether it's a few months or a few years, every couple is different. I'd say it's rushing it when guys post questions asking ';Should I give my gf a promise ring for our one month anniversary'; but if they're ready for it, then good for them. A lot of haters bag on them saying that high school relationships don't last, but some do :).How do you feel about promise rings exchanged between couples?
I think it's a great bond between people and doesn't have to be a promise of marriage. It could be a promise for anything. Even two close friends could wear them to promise to be friends forever. Here is a selection of matching promise rings - http://www.ourpromiserings.com/couples-m鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment