Friday, January 15, 2010

Do couples get matched up with a waiter as compared to a waitress for guys?

I've started noticing a trend. If I go out to a restaurant with other guys, we're usually placed in a section where a waitress will take care of us. But if I go out to a restaurant with my girlfriend, we usually get a waiter. Has anyone else noticed this trend? Do restaurants train their staff to do this?Do couples get matched up with a waiter as compared to a waitress for guys?
Uhhh.....no! Interesting thought though. I am a waitress with set sections/ tables. I close 5 nights a week and 99% of the time I have my same area. I trade off with other wait staff if my regulars come in and my section is full, and I return the favor as needed.Do couples get matched up with a waiter as compared to a waitress for guys?
yeah, you think a guy wants to serve a bunch of guys?


do you think a bunch of guys would tip a hot waiter or a hot waitress more????waitress


women like men


men like women


restaurants use that to their advantage


good ones at least.


when i was a waiter ,i would bribe the hostesses to make sure i got any groups of ladies,or couples out for dinner


i did not want a bunch of guys.








new wis......your right Denny's probably doesn't train that ,but at good restaurants i worked at we did!your telling me that if 4 guys walked in to your premium casual dinning restaurant your hostess would not try and give them to a girl???????????????????don't f*cking kid yourself.


it's not some grand plan but we are all aware of it and try are best to manipulate the situation to our benefit


but of corse if your the only server or your place isn't geared for 15 or more servers,then you take'm as you get'em


it depends on the kind of place it is and why are poeple coming there.ie.breakfast is for food and coffee,not scouting chicks,or friday night drinks and dinner,your out to see and be seen,naturally a bunch of ladies would like some cute young waiter,and a bunch of guys out on the town would prefer a hot waitress .i didn't invent this.
This is generally a coincidence. Most restaurants assign a server to certain tables. The hostess then rotate guest in a pattern to these sections. Sometimes the servers will swap tables, IE a male may swap a table of guys with a female.
I think this trend you're noticing is coincidence. I wait tables and we have set tables (sections) for each shift. The host have a seating chart to follow (they seat section to section and start all over again) so all servers get the same amount of tables (ideally).





So, no. Restaurants do not train their staff to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment